Antonio Brown arrives for Raiders camp in hot-air balloon 49ers fans will finally get another look at their team with Jimmy Garoppolo running the show.The 27-year-old quarterback will be fully cleared for training camp and preseason action after a physical, general manager John Lynch said Friday . The offseason is officially over!John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan open up #49ersCamp. https://t.co/HI558Xs1vI— San Francisco 49ers (@49ers) July 26, 2019However, the team will take it slow with its franchise quarterback and keep him out of its preseason opener against the Cowboys on Aug. 10.Garoppolo tore his ACL in the fourth quarter of a Week 3 loss against the Chiefs last year. San Fransisco never recovered from losing Garoppolo and finished the season 4-12 with Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard splitting starting quarterback duties. Related News Garoppolo participated in the 49ers’ offseason program but sat out 11-on-11 team drills in June. Rams extend coach Sean McVay, GM Les Snead through 2023 season “The rehab has been great. The whole process, the training staff, and all the coaches put together a great plan. It really went well. To participate in [offseason training activities] the way I did and, hopefully, being full-go for training camp, I couldn’t ask for much more coming off an ACL,” Garoppolo told The Ringer earlier this month. “Knock on wood; we’ll keep it going and stay in a good place.”Garoppolo signed a five-year deal worth $137.5 million last offseason after winning five consecutive starts to end 2017 following his acquisition from the Patriots.In other 49ers ACL news, linebacker Kwon Alexander will also miss San Francisco’s game against Dallas as he continues his comeback from an ACL injury, while running back Jerick McKinnon (you guessed it — ACL) was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list to open camp. McKinnon missed all of last season with the injury but is expected to play in 2019. Philip Rivers ‘loves’ Melvin Gordon, but Chargers seem content with ‘deep’ running back group
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Â The Wellington High School and board of eduction district administrators have neither confirmed nor denied that a high school football player has been suspended for social network activities which occurred the previous week. Several citizens have contacted Sumner Newscow this morning to inquire or inform that a suspension was implemented on Wednesday.Sumner Newscow has not received official verification that such a suspension has taken place.In a press release sent by the Wellington USD 353 Central Office through an e-mail by assistant superintendent Larry Roth, it states:Â “The Board of Education establishes policies for our district and they expect those policies to be followed.Â We believe those policies are being followed.Â Our board also expects the administrators to follow the district policies and laws regarding protecting a minor studentâ€™s confidentially including disciplinary actions.”Wellington head football coach Tyler Ryan has not returned phone calls to Sumner Newscow this morning. Ryan said on Monday that no suspensions would take place and the coaches spoke to the team on Monday (see story here).Again, due to the sensitive nature of this topic involving a high school player and the team, Sumner Newscow will suspend the comment section.